Can you make a difference to a child's life?
Fostering provides a family life for children and young adults of all ages who cannot live with their own families. Their families might be going through a difficult time, struggling to cope or be ill.
Fostering isn't necessarily about long term placements, it can be short emergency stays, weekends or holidays. It can often be what gives children the start in life they deserve and a safe home where they are loved, can learn to be a child again and grow into the young person they want to be.
Fostering is a fantastic and rewarding experience. You'll be fully trained and supported and receive an excellent financial package. Herefordshire Council need more foster carers, so children can be placed with families that best reflect their background and culture and, wherever possible, are near to their own families, schools and communities.
- Provide short breaks for children with disabilities
- Support a young adult and teach them life skills, such as cooking, laundry and budgeting
- Be a therapeutic foster carer and work with children who have complex behaviours and challenges
- Offer a home to an unaccompanied asylum seeking child
- Provide a forever home that some children need
- You're over 21 (there's no upper age limit)
- You have some experience of children and / or young people
- You're single, married or living with a partner of either gender
- You have a healthy lifestyle
- Full local training and support at no cost
- An excellent allowance, which covers all costs
- Your own dedicated social worker
- 24 hour support and respite breaks
- A rewarding career!