skip to main content

Personal budgets for disabled children

If your child has been assessed by Herefordshire Council's Disabled Children’s Social Care Team, as being eligible for care and support from the council, you will be offered a personal budget (also known as a direct payment).  You can then organise care and support services for your child yourself.  

You can use direct payments to:

  • Employ your own staff to help you meet the needs of your child, arising from their disability
  • Buy services from a social care agency
  • Enable your child to maintain friendships and take part in social activities
  • Maintain a healthy lifestyle
  • Arrange short breaks

To find out more about direct payments, take a look at Herefordshire Council's website.

For more help and advice on direct payments, contact the Disabled Children's Social Care Team on 01432 261584 or