skip to main content

Healthcare services for children

If you have any concerns about your child's health then you should make an appointment with your GP to discuss them.  If you are referred to a specialist, there is often a diagnostic pathway (a process map) to guide you through the process. 

There are a number of different specialist health teams working with children and you can find more information about these teams on the Wye Valley NHS Trust website...

Your child may also attend appointments at the paediatric department (children's ward) at Hereford's County Hospital, which provides inpatient and outpatient treatment of medical and surgical conditions in children.

If your child is living with a significant or complex health need that requires care over an extended period, you may be eligible to receive NHS continuing healthcare or NHS-funded nursing care. To find out more, contact Herefordshire's Continuing Healthcare team on 01432 383359 or go to NHS continuing healthcare.

You can find details of Herefordshire GP surgeries, dentists, pharmacies and many other services on the NHS website.


If you are dissatisfied with your treatment from a health service provider in Herefordshire, you have the right to complain directly to them.  Please visit the complaints about health and social care page for further information on how to complain and support available. 

Find services