skip to main content

Adult social care

Wooden blocks which spell the word support

Many of us will need some form of care and support during our lives, to help us live as well and independently as possible, especially as we get older or if we have an illness or disability.

Social care related services take many forms, including help at home, community support or care homes.

The cost of adult social care services vary and how much you pay, will be based on your individual circumstances, although most people will pay something towards the cost of their care.

If you’re not sure where to start, what type of care and support is available or how much you might have to pay, don’t worry there is help available.

Herefordshire Council’s Advice and Referral Team is your first point of contact for all enquiries relating to adult social care.  The team will put you in touch with the right support, including arranging a care assessment.  To get in touch, call 01432 260101 or e-mail

To find out more about the different steps involved in the social care process, including care and financial assessments, eligibility criteria, support plans and arranging care and support, take a look at Herefordshire Council’s guide to getting help from social services.