Code of Conduct
For providers registering to use the Talk Community Directory to list and promote their goods and services.
All providers wishing to list their service(s) on the Talk Community Directory, which is owned by Herefordshire Council, will need to sign up to and uphold the Code of Conduct, which forms part of the registration process. The provider should not, under any circumstances, consider or promote this to be an endorsement by Talk Community Directory of:
- The provider
- The organisation(s) / service(s) / goods / events listed (collectively referred to as services within the Code of Conduct)
Under no circumstances should the provider refer to, use, or rely upon this Code of Conduct in advertising, selling or promoting services.
Providers shall not represent or purport to represent the Talk Community Directory or knowingly permit themselves to be so represented.
Talk Community Directory reserves the right to update or modify the Code of Conduct at any time, without prior notice. For this reason, providers are encouraged to regularly review the Code of Conduct.
- By registering on the Talk Community Directory, providers acknowledge and agree that they’ve read and understood this Code of Conduct and will comply accordingly.
- Providers acknowledge that the Talk Community Directory is for information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional advice, which should be sought where appropriate.
- Providers grant Talk Community Directory permission to store, use and copy content as it sees fit. Talk Community Directory reserves the right to amend, remove or redact any content published by any provider, at any time, at its absolute discretion.
- Providers will ensure that information included within their Talk Community Directory listing(s) is accurate, reliable and up to date and it is their responsibility to provide any updates as and when applicable. Each provider is also solely responsible for backing up its content.
- Providers will ensure that any content they use is not defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory. It doesn’t promote violence, sexually explicit material, illegal activity or discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality or disability. It doesn’t infringe any copyrights, database rights or trademarks.
- Providers acknowledge that they process data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Providers will ensure services are delivered in accordance with all relevant legislative and regulatory standards and are fit for purpose.
- Providers will ensure that all customers are treated fairly and not in a discriminatory way.
You can register on the Talk Community Directory at any time and by doing so, agree that you have read the Code of Conduct, Terms and Disclaimer and Privacy Notice.
Last reviewed: April 2022