Support to stop smoking
Want to stop smoking?
Herefordshire residents, and those registered with one of the county’s GPs, are entitled to expert support from our stop smoking service. It provides:
- 12 weeks of personal stop smoking support
- Face-to-face behavioural support - you can choose from a range of nicotine replacement therapy options to help you
- Support if you choose to use e-cigarettes
📱 01432 383567
There are over 11 million ex-smokers in the UK and it's never too late to quit! Stopping at any age will increase your life expectancy, as long as you stop before you develop cancer or another serious disease.
If you think about the different benefits you will see if you quit smoking, it can be a brilliant way to motivate yourself, such as:
- Improving the health of your major organs, along with your breathing and general fitness
- Reducing the chances of your children getting bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma attacks, meningitis and ear infections
- No longer smelling of stale tobacco with better looking teeth and skin
- Saving a lot of money
Seven out of every ten smokers want to stop, but they don't all want to stop in the same way, so it's important to choose a method which is most suitable for you. There's lots to choose from, including local stop smoking services, nicotine replacement patches / inhalers / gum, prescription tablets and e-cigarettes / vaping.
E-cigarettes / vaping
Herefordshire residents, and those registered with one of the county’s GPs, are entitled to expert support from our stop smoking service. To find out more and obtain the support you need, contact Herefordshire Council's Healthy Lifestyle Service...
📱 01432 383567
You can also download the Making Every Contact Count (MECC) quitting smoking leaflet.
Better Health has a range of information and advice to help you stop smoking, including quitting tips and free personal quit plans.
The NHS offer lots of information to help you quit smoking, including advice on vaping to quit smoking, stop smoking aids, self-help tips, how not to put weight on, health benefits and a smoke free pregnancy.