Managing correspondence and paying the bills
Tips to help you manage:
- Get rid of junk mail.
- Decide which letters or bills are most important and need to be dealt with first. These may include rent, mortgage or health appointments.
- Use a calendar to keep track of appointments and when letters or bills need to be dealt with.
- Arrange to pay your bills by direct debit if you can.
- You may wish to consider seeking Legal advice to help with dealing with any legal matters.
- There is also a mail preference service available where you can register your address to stop receiving unsolicited mail. Visit the Mail Preferencing Service for more information.
- Watch out for scams, further information can be found in the Safety at home section of this website.
- Free post for blind people - please visit Royal Mail for further information and details.
Citizens Advice has information on managing post and how to spot and report a scam.
For information about paying the bills as well as money, debt and budgeting please visit the Money and Legal section of this website.